9 december 2011

Kicks Evening at Chateau Marmont

Lets be honest. I bought Evening at Chateau Marmont from Swedish make up brand Kicks because it looks like a dupe to Chanels Peridot. I can't say if it is a dupe or not, I don't have Peridot to compare with. From pictures I have seen it is similar, but not an exact dupe. But I still like it.

Evening at Chateau Marmont (love the name by the way) is a duchrome that shifts from gold to green. I think it looks so cool on the nails and makes me forget that I don't really like gold. But I love duochromes.

The formula is a bit sheer, but four coats is enough for me. I still have some VNL then, but it is okey, it doesn't matter.
One of my lovely readers asked my to try this over a nude as well becasue of it beeing sheer, so I have done that. I tried two coats over Brooch the subject from Essie. The two colors works good together, even if Evening at Chateau Marmont isn't as strong when layered. I don't think though you gain anything with layering Evening at Chateau Marmont. It works well on its own.







Evening at Chateau Marmont layered over Brooch the subject from Essie.


4 kommentarer:

  1. It looks really beautiful on you! Tack så mycket för layering :)

    My sister's been hunting this one all over Southern Finland for me but so far no luck. I´m glad Kicks brought exciting colors for sale. Such a strong game move for starters and people seem to really like it.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Duo's are best layered over black, that usually makes even the faintest duo effect really POP.

    SvaraRadera
  3. hey buddy! det är så fint! jag köpte peridot och det verkar vara väldigt likt på bilderna. så klart ett prisvärt alternativ!!! jag gillar din blogg så himla mycket miss C och har blivit superinspirerad att ha fina lackade naglar. köpte tio lack den här veckan, bl a skyscraper från china. ville gärna testa lighthouse också men ville se din recension först. har du testat?

    och så köpte jag det gröna glittret från muppets (är inne på gröna lack just nu). tänkte köpa det röda miss piggy egentligen men det är slut överallt precis som rainbow! är de värda att leta efter eller finns det bra dupes som du kan rekommendera?

    kram anil

    SvaraRadera